_

Pages

Sunday, 20 April 2014

Goal List Week Commencing 20th April 2014

Beautiful Easter Flowers  

Aren't the flowers beautiful? Spotted while I was having Brunch at Christopher's in Covent Garden, London on Good Friday. I had a lovely day out with two friends, we went to see the David Bailey Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery, I really enjoyed his black and white prints of celebrities where there is nothing in the background except empty space.

Its been a while since I've posted a Goal List on the blog. I stopped at the end of last year because I wasn't sure if I needed, or wanted to do them anymore.  Feeling tired, and run down, and desperately trying to figure out a way forward with my novel, I lost my way a bit.  In March I found my mojo again, and got a new writing plan, but I do miss having my goals on the blog, so as of now I'm reinstating my weekly 'to do' list.

My Writing Plan

Continue with the rewrite of my novel, working on chapter one, printed it out, gone through it with a red pen,  slashed and added words, rewrote it again, had the critique group look it over, then after more edits, I recorded myself reading it out. Its still not as good as it could be, so my task this week is to get it sorted out.

I want to write a blog post, and also do the challenge set by my writing group, which is only three sentences long this week, which must be all about shoes!

My Personal Plan

Its time I got moving, exercise went out of the window some months ago, and I'm struggling to get myself motivated again. So this week I want to get out for at least two thirty minute walks.

I'm keeping things simple. Do you have any plans for the week ahead?

11 comments:

  1. Stunning flower display. Sounds like you had a lovely day. I have been out and about enjoying myself for a couple of weeks but sometimes it's good to return to routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I have to have a plan otherwise I am aimless. :-) Hope you had a nice few weeks out and about...

      Delete
  2. Everyone says it's good to have plans and goals and I am trying hard to get into that habit! I'm still getting organised here and clearing out a few more things and I think that will motivate me more. But edits are due soon for the new novella so that will be my priority when they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Habit is the key word Rosemary, and its not easy, but very worthwhile if you can crack it. The new novella sounds exciting, I look forward to hearing more about it soon.

      Delete
  3. My monthly goal of three short stories every two weeks has slipped due to Easter and holidays. My goal now will be not to worry too much about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you, its depressing worrying about things you can't do anything about...I'm sure you'll soon be back on track. :-)

      Delete
  4. Editing 100,000+ words is far more difficult than I ever thought it would be - guess you know what I mean Maria with your novel - its a battle. My limit is 4.5 hours a day and then its time to stop. Such a thin line between taking the life out of it and being succinct. You also have to be sure that you're firing, to avoid rewriting something that's then not as good when you look at it later. I sometimes think that this is when the real writing begins - or is that when your editor starts making demands? As always, another excellent photo. Good luck with your rewrite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I read into your blog – I'm now your newest follower. I'm working on revising my novel, too. It's a long process. The challenge to write three sentences about shoes sounds like fun. I'm sure you'll enjoy. It's nice to "meet" you, Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi, welcome to the First Draft Cafe, I hope we'll soon interact with each other.

      Delete
    2. Me too, and thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to your next post.
      Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!