_

Pages

Sunday, 18 January 2015

Goal List - Week Commencing 18th January 2015

Photo Credit

Good news - I'm on the road to recovery at last!

The last seven days have been hideously painful, there have been times when I thought I'd like to chop off my head, and there has been fear, and tears. After my visit to the osteopath the previous week, my situation deteriorated rapidly, and I've been incapacitated. I've had no choice but to lie flat on my back all week.

The whole episode has been truly frightening, incredibly painful, and I thought I'd done the wrong thing going to see the osteopath.  However, after five days, I started to make progress and I'm able to stand, and hobble a few steps. Reluctantly, I returned to the 'back cracker' on Thursday, feeling vulnerable and desperate, He felt my fear, was professional, and caring, and I survived! Initially, I felt sore, but the next day, amazingly, I managed to stand and walk further for a little bit longer. Hurrah! Although, I still can't sit down at all...

Regarding my goals, I achieved little, and its better I say what I did, rather than what I didn't. And honestly, I'm letting myself off the hook this week, I feel blessed to have come out the other side, and feel happy with what I've done.

I made the list of menus for the week, and we stuck to it except for one evening, although I did zero cooking myself. Sounds terrible, but I barked out instructions from the floor to hubby, bless him, who just got on with it! We even tried a couple of new recipes. He can now make a very nice Cod and Prawn Gratin. so that was a win.

Managed more of the novel I'm beta reading, and I listened to the audio book I'm reading too.

The week ahead will look like this...

Health

Progress to a sitting position, its much easier to type, than lying on my back balancing a laptop on bent knees is...

Writing and Reading

Decide on two writing competitions to enter, or find a couple of suitable markets for my writing.

Finish the audio book

Finish beta reading

Write 500 new words

How did you get on? Did your week go to plan? Or did life get in the way of your plans?

14 comments:

  1. Poor you. Hope you make a complete recovery soon but in the meantime.go easy on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news that you're feeling much better and working towards those goals. I have had one rejection and one rewrite, which I can't bring myself to do in case I get another rejection. I know I should grow a thicker skin, but it does knock my confidence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, you must continue, just because its been rejected doesn't mean there was anything wrong with it. It just means it hasn't found the right editor or judge. Be strong, and get it done. X

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful picture - even though it makes me feel shivery! Best of luck with all your goals for the year and I do hope you get fully recovered very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is Pat, and thank you. :-)

      Delete
  4. After you being so kind as to wade through my blog, I feel ashamed it kept me so long to reciprocate.

    However, I am glad that you are slowly getting better. Focus more on your health; that's what's important. If your writing has to go on the back burner for a time, then you should just allow it and not beat yourself up over it. On the flipside, if it revitalizes your spirit - therefore helping the healing go easier - then focus all you want on it. :D

    Kudos to your hubby for doing whatever is necessary to help you get better. Not enough caregivers get recognition. ^_^ Hope this week has been progressing nicely for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dana, I'm definitely focusing on health and getting back to normal. :-)

      Delete
  5. So you're in Leicestshire. Thank you for sharing, Maria, I do hope you are getting some relief. It was good to hear from you. I have just joined the bloghope Celebrate the Small Things, hosted by Lexa Cain, do take a look at her blog, you might be interested in joining. When we are struggling in life, and especially in pain, it is good to think of something we can be thankful for. Loved your list, especially the hot bath, the bacon sandwich, and of course the reading, that is the way my husband escapes every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole, I will take a look.

      Delete
  6. Oh Maria, you really have had a tough time, sounds awful. But it also sounds like you've been extremely strong. Considering writing is a love of yours it must be so hard to be incapacitated and not being able to do it properly. Your plans for each week is a great idea and not focusing on the things you didn't do but the things you did. I really hope things continue to progress well for you and you can get back to some normality. Well done to your husband for taking on the cooking and trying new recipes. Last year I was so caught up with work and study I didn't keep up with blogs etc I like to follow which may explain why I completely missed that you had an accident. I shall have to go back and see what else I have missed. All change this year and I am making time to do more blogging,sewing and visiting blogs I enjoy reading. Good luck with your recovery and I look forward to hearing about your progress. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog too and writing such a helpful comment, it was very kind of you.

    Take care and good luck


    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your goals Kate, and thank you for stopping by...

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you have been having a tough time. I really hope you manage to progress to a sitting position this week. Good luck with all your goals for the week. Take care, Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After breaking a rib a few months ago in a fall I feel your pain, it's terrible t feel helpless and be in pain every time you move,. I hope it get better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!