_

Pages

Thursday, 1 January 2015

New Year, New Start

Image Credit

Time to start over, to make new plans. Here are my goals for the year ahead. Writing them on my blog makes me accountable.

Health
Lose weight - a stone  by December 31st 2015
Visit the gym twice a week - In place by 28th February 2015
Get back into the habit of walking - A walk a week by the end of January 2015
Book a holistic treatment every other month
Hydrate regularly throughout the day
Relax - Find new ways to de-stress

Home Life
De-clutter  - Get rid of something every week during 2015

Work
Establish myself in my new role - Ongoing throughout the year.

Writing
Produce a goal list weekly
Finish my novel - The next draft by June 2015
Take part in a podcast -
Blog regularly, at least once a week
Enter competitions - one a month minimum
Set up a novel support group - by February 2015
Attend writerly events - One every three months
Master Scrivener - by December 31st 2015

Reading 
Listen to fifteen audio books by December 31st 2015

Photography
Capture life through the lens - Use pictures on my blog weekly

Adventures
Do whatever makes me happy - life is not a rehearsal!

Friends
Always make time for friends - Plan to meet up regularly.


Thats a big list, its a starting point, I know what I'm working towards, and its written down. Next, I'll break things down into manageable steps. Watch this space.

The first day of 2015, has been low key here, I've spent it mainly clearing up and catching up with overdue household tasks.

My next post will be my weekly Goal List on Sunday.

Happy New Year!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,

    That most certainly is quite the list. Each one, conducive to your well being. Positive resources. Setting your sights on an ultimate goal by breaking it down into smaller, realistic goals, is a most excellent way of approaching it.

    A peaceful, productive New Year to you, my friend.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you too Gary, I'm raring to go...

      Delete
  2. That's a very big list, Maria! I like "Do whatever makes me happy" best - I hope you do xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a year to sort it out Teresa, I know it'll change a bit as it has to fit in with life. Being happy is so important...

      Delete
  3. Good luck on your goals Maria! & hope you have a happy, productive, and adventurous new year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Corianne and very best wishes to you too!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with all your goals, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. All doable so wishing you lots of motivation and look forward to reading of your progress. Could I suggest a daily walk setting off from home and walking briskly for 15 minutes in any direction and then return to clear the mind and energise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good idea...thank you, although I may not be able to manage it daily right now. Walking is a little painful, but I am hoping to be fighting fit by the end of the month.

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year, Maria. I love your list and my health list reads very similar to yours - only I need to lose a little more than a stone judging by the shrinking clothes in my wardrobe. Wishing you all the very best and much success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nicola, my clothes have shrunk so much I am having a massive clear out. Best of luck with your goals.

      Delete
  7. Hi, Maria. I rather like your 'Adventures' one. It's very true! Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm already planning one or two, its great to visit new places and meet new people...
      Happy new year to you Ros

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!