_

Pages

Monday, 2 March 2015

Goal List - Week Commencing 1st March 2015

Image Credit - Pixabay
Its all gone horribly wrong. I set out last week with best intentions, I even began to believe I was recovering and on medical advice decided I'd wean myself off the heavy duty pain killers I've been taking since December for my back issues. Without side effects I was feeling quite smug and well, I felt like I could see light at the end of the very long dark tunnel I've been living inside recently.

So far, so good I thought, and those small steps forward were working too. A trip to the supermarket, my first since December 2014, and a visit to the hairdressers, as I was beginning to look a lot like a cave woman! I promise I was doing things slowly, and taking my time. However, on Thursday evening I began to feel very unwell, and two days later collapsed, and was rushed to A & E. I was very frightened.

Hurrah for the NHS! Without going into detail, they were brilliant, did everything they could to help me, and even though I have lost mobility again, I am so glad they were there when I needed them. I'm home again now, full of drugs, and feeling insecure about the future, but very glad to have survived the ordeal.

I did some writing, and some reading, but honestly with everything thats been going on, it wasn't a lot. My goal for the week ahead is simply to deal with the changes in my health, and concentrate on getting well.

I've downloaded a new audiobook, The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt and I'm not sure if I'll like it or not, but I'm going to give it a go...

Apart from that, I'll take a look at a friend's short story, and anything else is a bonus!

Hope your week went well?

9 comments:

  1. Oh Maria, that sounds awful, what a frightening and worrying thing to happen. Being knocked back like that when you felt you were on the road to recovery again must be doubly hard to take. I think you are right to make concentrating on getting well again your goal, take things easy and take good care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awful shock Teresa, as I was doing so well.

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your medical problems. Hope it's a very temporary setback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patsy, doing my best to distract myself.

      Delete
  3. You are right to listen to your body and rest :) Family will take care of everything else. You can make a pretty, shiny new list of goals and dreams once you are recovered.

    I and another family member have frequented A&E in the last few months and I agree; such a blessing to have the NHS and receive care from such helpful, wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Lou, I can return to everything once I have my health.

      Delete
  4. I hope all is now improving. Losing mobility is scary. I had problems with my knee that then impacted on the other, and walking was hard, tiring and painful! I found the prospect of that being a permanent state utterly terrifying. I am glad to say that a year on things have much improved (although will never be quite as good as before I think) and so with that in mind I hope your recovery is complete. I admire you for keeping up with writing! I didn't seem to have the energy so now am having to get back to it. Sloooowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsay, terrifying is how I feel about it, but I'm forcing myself to be positive. Glad to hear you are improved.

      Delete
  5. Over 440 consumers of Costco who acquired Ooma Telo Air VoIP honor an excellent standard
    of 4.75 stars from 5.

    Feel free to visit my web page: ooma review cnet 2012 - -

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!