_

Pages

Sunday, 22 March 2015

Goal List - Week Commencing 22nd March 2015

Tiny but powerful changes have happened in the last week. I'm feeling much better. How? Well, Monday I met my physical therapist, Holly, and what a positive experience it turned out to be...
Knowledgable, and above everything else, understanding, and enthusiastic about helping me return to full mobility and good health. I was with her for ninety minutes, and left with instructions to do only two exercises, and begin going out for a daily walk. Warned not to overdo it, and accept that the first few days I was only going to walk several feet if that, she reassured me that I would recover, and she was going to help me. And she has already, pointing out that it might benefit me to talk to my doctor about a a drug that would relax my oversensitive nerve. I did, on Wednesday, and he prescribed it, and since then I've been getting relief from the pain. I feel so much better, I dare to hope that at last I'm going to get my life back.

I don't have much to say about writing, apart from doing a piece of flash fiction and reading more on the subject of outlining and taking part in #writingchat on Twitter, I've been pre-occupied with getting well again.

The week ahead will be more of the same.

Image Credit - Pixabay

18 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news, Maria. It makes all the difference to have someone say they will help you and now you have found that person. I love your sunshine picture xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Teresa, things are much better because I met the right person. Hope you are okay, and keeping well...

      Delete
  2. Great news ghat you're feeling so much better, Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good news, it sounds like you are making excellent progress. I hope this week is a good one for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria .. getting better is the most important thing .. but sounds like you've got lots of help going for you .. and keep going and improving .. take care and with thoughts - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, at last I am moving forward. Thank you Hilary.

      Delete
  5. I'm so pleased you're getting such great advice, Maria - keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying Rosemary, getting a little easier every day.

      Delete
  6. Good to hear you are feeling a bit better and so positive. That makes a huge difference. Keep up the great work - both exercising and writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping positive is a full-time job, but if I lose my spirit, I'll lose the battle, and I'm not going to do that...

      Delete
  7. Hooray, I hope this week brings you more improvements!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to read this. Progress is good and I'm thrilled that you're able to see some. I can't help but be a little irritated for you though, why no one suggested this drug sooner.

    But positives! You're moving. Less pain. And someone who understands how to help you. Wooo yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying not to think about why I wasn't offered the drug before...thank you for your best wishes.

      Delete
  9. Really pleased the therapy is helping. You're quite right to make sorting out your health a priority at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!