_

Pages

Friday, 6 March 2015

Very Inspiring Blog Award


I'm thrilled to accept this award from Rosemary Gemmell and it's great that I don't have to answer too many questions.

The rules of acceptance are:
  • Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
  • Display the award logo
  • Nominate other blogs and provide a link to where they can be found. (I'm not giving a number here, some may have already done it, and it will differ between people)
  • Go to their blog, leave a comment to let them know they've been nominated, and where to find the information they need to accept. 
Mention three things that inspired you the most during the last few weeks.


1.  Listening to audio books isn't just something you do on long journeys. They give you the opportunity to shut your eyes and relax, or you can multi-task and do other things whilst your whisked away into another world. Audio books are so convenient, I listen on my phone, IPod or in my car. They've been invaluable over the last few months. 

2.  Friends who have phoned, texted, emailed, tweeted, sent cards, wrote letters and visited whilst I've been recovering from chronic back issues. People have been wonderful in supporting me, and have been a lifeline to the outside world. 

3.  My collection of cookery books,  without them I wouldn't have been able to create meal plans. They've made life easier while I've been out of action. I've ordered the ingredients online and family members have had step by step instructions to follow, and we've had some delicious meals. 


I'm nominating the following blogs/bloggers for this award, should they choose to accept.

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely award and very well deserved, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria .. a pleasure to meet you - and sciatica can be dreadful .. I thought my hip pain was sciatica early on - but I didn't know I had a birth defective hip! Long time wait to find out ... I sincerely hope you can find some ease somewhere and get some relief long term: good luck.

    My replaced hip seems a piece of cake - now it's done! I've been lucky it's all worked out easily.

    I hope you do do the A-Z .. make it simple - a photo and some ingredients for a dish ... doesn't need to be complicated - in fact the simpler the better .. but don't look at my blog for me to follow my advice!!!! People love food ...

    I'm so pleased you've got such lovely friends and family and how great to have a hubby you can shout at - even if it's for tonight's dinner ... sometime I hope you get to laugh at the incongruity of it ...

    Re your books .. today I saw another blogger had posted about the Goldfinch and some other books - when I get there again .. I'll email you her blog ... (see I read other posts to get to the sciatica bit!) ..

    Take care - enjoy the promise of warmer weather tomorrow .. though we're back to colder air again next week ... the sea air here is awful sometimes!! Cheers and thanks so much for the visit - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary, you're an inspiration, sounds like you live life to the full! Glad you hip is healing well.

      Delete
  3. Hi Maria, thank you so much for nominating me for this award. I'd love to accept. My three inspiring things won't include cookery books. I'm afraid I'm a 'throw it in and fingers crossed' type of cook. I'm so pleased that friends and family have been around for you while your back's been so bad. Hope it'll soon be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ros, it took us all by surprise. I had to come up with a throw it all in meal the other night when I realised I'd miscalculated, planning a meal. It worked fine in the end. Looking forward to reading your answers...

      Delete
  4. I have a collection of cookery books I never even think to look in. I should - I'm a hopeless cook, they'd probably make me look good!

    I hope your back is better, or at least recovering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Annalisa, I very often cook dishes I've never tried before, and quite often the family are impressed! Always good to learn something new too. the best ones are the ones that can be made quickly...

      Delete
  5. Love your three items, Maria. I'm a visual person so have never listened to an audio book but I can see how very useful they would be on occasions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been won over, but also like print books, and the Kindle.

      Delete
  6. You keep talking about audio books and you're really selling it to me! Going to have to find some for sure. ^_^
    Thanks for nominating me for the award. It's really weird, I was just thinking I hadn't seen anybody talking about awards for a while. Clearly I'm behind. ;-)

    Thank you so, so much and I continue to think of you. Hope the pain eases off soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading your answers soon. :-)

      Delete
  7. A very belated thank you for this award, Maria! I've been AWOL with work & uni, but I will certainly be writing a post for this very soon. Thanks again, I'm honoured :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Catherine, I look forward to reading your post.

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!