|Getting Started - Image Credit Pixabay|
Isn't life strange, last week got busy. On Wednesday I returned to work on reduced hours. I'm getting stronger each day, increasing my physical therapy steadily, and I'm about to embark on a rewrite of my novel.
In truth, I'm not looking forward to tackling it, at the moment it looks like the highest mountain, its not enough to show up with my gear and a guide book, it requires strength and stamina too. I'm hoping once I've started I'll soon get on track. I'd like the rewrite finished by October 31st 2015. Yes folks, that is a deadline!
I've sorted the plot out whilst I've been off my feet, done 75% of the rewrite outline, and now I need to get back to the writing. This week, my goal is to do the following.
1. Make a Schedule - Every day I need to find snatches of time to do writerly stuff. Like a lot of writers, my biggest problem will be sitting down and getting the work done. Therefore a schedule, written into my diary will help me to keep on the straight and narrow. I need to set a bar, therefore as its my first week, I'm going to say eight hours, rather than a word count.
2. Use Scrivener - I've decided there is no easy way to learn this programme - I'm going to jump in and do it! I expect some initial frustration but this is the tool I want to use for this novel.
3. Accountability - Apart from putting my goal list here on the blog, I've got an accountability partner, a writing buddy to keep me on the straight and narrow. Therefore, I'll be checking in with him later today. We've agreed Sunday fits with both of us.
I'll be recording my progress here, most likely rejigging anything that needs to be fixed. Its time to get it written. Writing a novel is tough, time-consuming, and scary, but also exciting!
Apart from the novel, this week, I've got other writerly things happening.
4. Writers Group Challenge - Invent a new cliche to replace an old one. Hmm, not sure what I'll be doing for that one.
5. Attend Phoenix Writers Group - I am so lucky to belong to such a proactive group of writers.
6. Run Phoenix Writers Subs Group - After the general meeting, a smaller group meets to discuss opportunities for subbing our work. I need to send out an email, and prepare.
7. Submissions - I need to get back to subbing. Two pieces minimum, this week.
8. Blog - One post to help me get back into the habit of regular blogging, which I enjoy, and also, fifteen minutes spent visiting other blogs.
9. #Writingchat - Another session of writerly chat on Wednesday evening 8pm - 9pm GMT Do join in, its fun and informative, and we have a different topic every week.
There won't be huge junks of time for anything else, but top priority will be health and relaxation. Water wading at the pool, and making sure I get some sleep.
I want to get back to using my camera, now I can get out and about, and the weather is better. Using my own images on my blog is important to me, however Pixabay has been invaluable these last few months. A great resource, you can use their images for free as they have all been donated by people like myself, and are free of all copyright, and are distributed as creative commons. If you see fit - its not obligatory - you can donate the price of a cup of coffee for the use of an image.
Right, I'm off to find my ropes and backpack, I've got a huge mountain to climb this week. I'll let you know how I get on next Sunday, or if I stray off the path. What are you up to? Have you got a particular goal in mind?