_

Pages

Sunday, 10 May 2015

Hectic Days Ahead (Goals Part 5) - 10th May 2015

How Things Used To Be - Maria A Smith
I've still got the lurgy, can't hear very well, and my nose is blocked, but for most of the last week were manageable. I've had a busy time at work.

The week ahead is going to be more of the same, I'm working away from home and shall try and juggle as much as I can, realistically I know there will be very little downtime.

So what did I do last week?

Recovery - MOSTLY DONE - I stuck to my word and tried to rest, as well as do a little gentle exercise. I managed to get to the pool just twice to continue with my 'water wading' although I did about half as much as I usually do. My back exercises are a priority, and I did the mat work every day, but I just felt to grim to go to Pilates on Tuesday evening.

Flash Fiction - DONE  - Very last minute, (wrote in the carpark, twenty minutes before the meeting) but managed the 150 words to read out on Saturday.

Phoenix Writers - DONE - A very quiet meeting on Saturday, which I chaired. There was a good variety of prose read out, and it was interesting to hear people giving critique on each piece.

Novel Rewriting - FAIL - I couldn't manage anything for the first three days of last  week due to feeling so lousy, then with working away until Friday evening, there was just no time left.

All in all, not a productive week, however, I knew this, and my expectations were much lower. The week ahead will be similar, but I hope to achieve the following...

Phoenix Writers - There are things I must do, one is the flash fiction challenge yet to be set by the Chair, the second is preparation for 'Subs Club' where several of us meet up after the main meeting to discuss markets for our writing, as well as what submissions we've made and progress.

Novel Rewriting - This may be ambitious, given my workload but I'd like to have another thousand words rewritten.

Relaxation - In between my hectic schedule, I need to hit the pause button every now and then. I'm thinking this will have to be in my hotel room where I'll be limited. Perhaps a few early nights, or a half hour siesta early evening before the evening meal, or meditation. I will have to see what can be done, but it must never be far from the front of my mind.

Thats my week planned, what will you be up to?

16 comments:

  1. Interesting to hear what you consider to be an unproductive week! You hit 4 out of your 5 targets, in spite of having a really busy week at work. Well done.

    Nice to see you are including some relaxation on this week's list. Good luck and happy writing.

    Kelly's Eye - Writing, Music, Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at how much you achieved last week while feeling lousy. Writing in the carpark is particularly impressive! At least you've got no housework to do as you're in a hotel room this week. Got to be a plus?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me? I'll be recovering from my holiday! Funny, it always seems that I need a holiday to recover from the holiday, but this time I really mean it. My knees are still aching from all the leaping up and down and my back hasn't forgiven me for the camp bed yet.

    Meh.

    On top of that I'm hoping to get some serious editing done to move the second novel forward. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must have been a very good holiday... :-)

      Delete
  4. You are too hard on yourself Maria. This was a pretty good week when you take a step back and look at all the angles. You still have the column, your warp speed is sensible and there are spells on impulse power only, so the engines don't overload.
    Just getting myself back together after a weekend in Belgium for the WW2 escape events. My blog is a day overdue, so will start prepping that. Then back to editing, pulling in some extra info from the weekend into my book and then on to the crime story and this weeks Phoenix Writers exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you enjoyed Belgium...sounds like you have a busy week ahead too.

      Delete
  5. Sounds pretty productive to me. You are allowed to slow down when you're ill, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Julia...it is at the forefront of my mind.

      Delete
  6. If you've been feeling unwell, don't push yourself too hard - you don't want a relapse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and do try to pull back on the workload.

      Delete
  7. Glad you're continuing to recover and I think you've made great progress with your goals considering you've not been well.

    I plan to write a couple of short stories and sort out a novel chapter this week. I've made a reasonable start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you managed your goals this week...

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a very productive week. I like the idea of the subs club. I find My Little Corner very helpful for calls for submissions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not heard of that one L, but I'm going to look it up now. Have a good week. :-)

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!