_

Pages

Wednesday, 20 May 2015

On The Right Track? (Goals Part 6) 17th May 2015

I am so tired - Image Credit Pixabay
Oops! This post is very late. I started it with good intentions on Sunday, but was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open, so reluctantly, went to bed and left it unfinished. Then Monday arrived, and passed swiftly, then Tuesday came along and went by in a whoosh! And now there is little left of Wednesday either.

So what happened?

Something had to give, and quite honestly, the advice given by the good folk who follow this blog rubbed off on me. It stuck in my head, and was reiterated by my writing buddy Wayne over at Kelly's Eye Thank goodness! I decided not to push myself hard anymore, gave into sleep because I needed it, and still do. And even though, I'm once more 'all at sea' with my plan, and yes it is bloody irritating, I'm feeling much better now.

I'll get back on track again, and next time I go away for four days with work, I'll clear my diary of everything else. I did enjoy the work, but it was all consuming, and the hours were long...and I'm still recovering from the health issues I've had with my back.

Hence, the following results.

Phoenix Writers - I didn't get round to doing the flash fiction challenge, although I managed to prepare for 'Subs Club' after the main meeting, where we discussed markets for our writing, as well as what submissions we've made...

Novel Rewriting - FAIL - Nothing was written.

Relaxation - FAIL - It never happened.

This week. Well, I'm late to the party, so I'll keep it simple.

Writing - Whatever I can manage

Rest - Ditto, whatever I can manage.

I hope your week was good, and that you're fairing well this week?

4 comments:

  1. If I am even partly responsible for making the Maria Express slow down just a little for its own good, then I'm pleased! You are being hard on yourself and are right to put your health as the main priority. Nice to see you have cut yourself a little slack for the remainder of this week.

    Keep up the good work - just having a plan in mind is making you more productive than you otherwise might be. Now . . . if I can just take some of my own advice . . .

    Kelly's Eye - Writing, Music, Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep is fundamental to our functioning. I think you were wise to know when you were beat. Glad you're feeling better now. Onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to see you didn't manage any relaxation. It's one of those irritating truisms that no matter how busy you are, if you can find even 30 seconds to stand and do nothing, you will feel so much better. Here's hoping the rest of this week is a little calmer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always more important to look after yourself than to worry about missing a few writing deadlines, even if self-imposed! Keep well, Maria.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!