_

Pages

Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Another Week of Mayhem (Goals Part 7) 31st May 2015

Keep Calm - Maria A Smith
I'll get straight to it, I missed posting last week. Why? It was impossible to update the blog, and do all the other things, I needed to do. This post is late too.

Writing wise, I managed three hours of editing on my novel. Hurrah! And then the Mac started behaving oddly. Boo! And then I managed another three hours, hurrah! BUT, I ended up taking my Mac into Apple, and that slowed me down considerably.

I've been to my writing group twice since I last updated here, and read out both my edited chapters. I got good feedback, and some interesting comments. I didn't do the weekly task either week, which is unlike me, I ran out of time again. A recurring theme, however, I'm no different to anyone else, we all have the same amount of hours in a week.

I need to get a new plan. So on Saturday afternoon, I sat down and made a list of the things I must do, the things I want to do, and  the stuff I can ditch, and it quickly became clear, I have too much to do at the moment. I need to cut down on the stuff I want to do, and that for now, means writing. Obviously its not ideal, I have deadlines. Don't we all, but the thing is, life changes and although I seem preoccupied now with getting back to work, exercising and fighting my way back to full strength I know I'll return to putting more hours into the business of writing.

 The Plan From Here On


  • The Blog - The most important things in life require time and energy, and discipline of course, so I'll still be trying to keep on the straight and narrow, and that means keeping up with my blog. The theory is, writing on the blog will keep me in touch with my writing buddies, so I hope you'll still stop by and leave me a comment now and then, I'd hate to lose contact with my friends.

  • Scheduling - With just a few tasks mapped out I'll get something done, rather than nothing. I won't be aimless, and each step will take me somewhere, so I  intend to have some sort of 'to do' list each week, because figuring out what I need to do is also half the battle with achieving anything. 

  • Rest and Recover - Sleep. Yes, I'm harping on about it again. Honestly though, none of us can function well if we're not resting, or getting enough sleep. We're all different, and personally I'd like to achieve seven hours, instead of four or five, because I feel much better when I do have seven hours sleep. I function better, and feel more able to get on with things.

  • Never Give Up - This is the mindset I need to adopt. Even if I'm plodding, and writing only a handful of words a day on my manuscript, I'm advancing, I'm writing my novel. Failure only becomes a reality when I take it off my agenda. Although, its okay to take a day off once in a while. 
Life seldom runs the way we want it to, and we can't always have the ideal, but we have to keep trying. 

Have a good week, I'll catch you soon. 



8 comments:

  1. Hi Maria - well done ... I'm taking the summer off from blogging and commenting (starting soon!) .. because I just need to get ahead of all other things ... and those things you mention above .. especially never, never give up ...

    Good luck with all the plans - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary, taking the summer off sounds like a fine plan. Have fun... :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm feeling overwhelmed at the moment, too. I seem to spend all day doing 'stuff' but not achieving anything, and certainly not earning enough. Perhaps I need to take time out to review and make a plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be something in the air Julia...or are we all pushing ourselves too hard?
      Make a new plan and take out anything that makes you feel overwhelmed if you can...

      Delete
  3. I'm running on empty a bit right now too. It's a struggle to do everything we want to do, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we all think we have super powers maybe?
      Hope you get some decent relaxation soon.

      Delete
  4. I'm impressed at your plan, Maria, and I'm sure that will keep you focused. Glad to see you've included enough rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosemary, I managed a teatime nap today, does that count?

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!