_

Pages

Sunday, 21 June 2015

Better Days Are Coming - (Goals Part 10) 21st June 2015

Image Credit - Pixabay
Have you seen the title of this post?

Better Days Are Coming - I can't explain it, but I feel it in the air. Perhaps, because I've had time to focus on what I want, and I've decided to boil it down to doing less rather than more.

So, over the next six weeks, I'm going to concentrate on writing short pieces, rather than working on my  novel. A change is as good as a rest as they say, and I do enjoy writing flash fiction, short stories and blogging, and I'm going forward with enthusiasm. I suddenly feel liberated. I want to have fun!

Therefore, I'm going to try and get out to a couple of writing related events too, and if I can't find anything, I'm going to make my own fun writing days. Oh yes I am. At least two in the next six weeks. I probably sound like a crazy person now, but I rather fancy doing a writing away day. The possibilities are endless. A day at the seaside? A train journey? Trip down the river? Walk and write? The writers pub crawl? Yoga, mindfulness and writing? Flash fiction picnic in the park? Poetry at the zoo? Romantic fiction at Costa Coffee? Blogging on the farm? I'd better stop now, but you can see that ideas are everywhere.

Last week, was good.

Writing wise I did a little flash fiction, chaired the writing group, facilitated the submissions group afterwards, and had a good catch up with a couple of writing buddies too. One of which was Wayne Kelly, my challenge partner, who is getting back on track nicely with his own writing.

Health wise I've finished my six week NHS Back Class, which was excellent! I can't recommend it enough for anyone who suffers with backache. Apart from the exercise value, what you learn about pain management and dealing with flare ups etc is priceless.

I'm on my own now, cut loose, and its up to me to keep up with daily exercise, and it all feels a little daunting if I'm honest. BUT, I'm making myself a rota, and going to try my best to stick to a plan. The trick is to vary the activities, and preferably do things that I enjoy. So that'll definitely be walking, and hopefully, I'll find a yoga or pilates class I can get to regularly.

I hope your writing is going well? Do let me know what you've been up to, and what your plans are for the week ahead?

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Sounds like you're much much freer now with this plan in mind. I'm so glad. And, for the record, writing at the farm sounds kinda cool! When I went with the boys we were chased for about 15 minutes by a super territorial turkey. Story fodder? Oooh yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Maria. Cliche but a change is as good as a rest. No reason you can't have both. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you're feeling good in every way, Maria - long may it continue. I think you're wise to concentrate on shorter writing for a while - I'm feeling like that myself off and on and wonder if it's because of holidays etc, although there's not so much sun here!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!