_

Pages

Friday, 1 January 2016

Happy New Year - Looking Forward


Happy New Year! May all your hopes and dreams come true this year.

Here it is then. My plan for 2016, and after a lot of careful thought I've decided I'm keeping it simple, I have two goals.

1. To finish my novel

2. To be healthy

Now I just have to work out how I'm going to get there.

The Novel - Complete the current draft by 29th February 2016 - I'm really going to have to knuckle down and work hard to get to this first target. Working full-time makes it tricky, so I'll be writing most days. I've figured out early mornings are more productive, as once the day starts everything gets lost in translation, so I need to get back into a routine as soon as possible.

Health - I want to lose just over a stone by December 31st 2016. I'll continue my Slimming World journey, but will also work out  how I'm going to keep fit.

Apart from my two goals, I'm looking forward to having lots of new adventures this year. We should never turn down a good opportunity, and I'll be spending time with family and friends too.

I'm going back to posting a progress report on the blog weekly on a Sunday, and also a few details of the week ahead. The first will go up on January 2nd 2016.

Have a good January 1st - make it count.

Do let me know what your goals are in the comments.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Maria - boxing sounds fun and you'll certainly lose weight that way. I hope your health holds and improves for you ... take care, have a good start to 2016, which will set the wheels rolling for the rest of the year ... cheers and very happy New Year - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking for a boxing class Hilary, as I only had a taster session as part of HIT (High Intensity Training) for 10 weeks. We got to try lots of different things. We were all very reluctant participants when we began.
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Happy new year, Maria.

    My plans for 2016 involve lots of writing and travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great goals, I'm wishing you every success in achieving them. I hope you have a very happy and successful 2016. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and all the very best to you too in 2016.

      Delete
  4. What excellent goals - keeping them simple and manageable is the best way. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy - Best wishes to you.

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year, Maria - I like your goals and wish you all the best with them! I haven't made any yet - I'd better get a move on or the month will be over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get to it Rosemary! I'm looking forward to hearing all about them soon.

      Delete
  6. Apart from starting a new blog (thanks for finding me), I also want to eat healthier and lose a few pounds, but I won't use the diet word as diets don't work. Not eating rubbish does! Good luck with your novel. Anyone who can write a novel has my admiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's tough this novel writing. :-)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like our goals are pretty similar...except I'm not doing much writing at the moment. Maybe I should address that. Happy new year to you. Must meet up for cake and coffee very soon.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!