1. Writing is Relaxing - Chilling out is good for the soul, and the more relaxed you are the better the writing, so they say, so crack open the wine, put on some music, pick up the pen and start scribbling.
2. Remember the Good Old Days - Wouldn't it be great if you found a diary written by one of your grandparents. Tales of everyday life in their day. Stories about their relationships, their friends and family, and who they were as people. So start writing your own family history. Leave a record for future generations, or write your memoir!
3. Writing is Escapism - And we all need to escape from time to time don't we? You can go anywhere you want to, and become anyone. What are you waiting for?
4. Write to Connect With Your Readers - Start a blog, or rekindle the one you've been neglecting. Maybe you've had an idea outside your usual writing remit. Go for it, start blogging your adult fairy stories, diaries of a bricklayer, or whatever else piques your interest.
5. Explain Something - Write a non-fiction article and educate us about bee keeping or knitting, or your travels around Ireland or wherever or whatever else takes your fancy.
There you are, 5 reasons you should be writing. I'm sure you can think of many more.
The novel is progressing, I adjusted the plan on Saturday afternoon. No more edits for now, it's time to read through the whole thing again and make sure each chapter is doing it's job, either moving the story forward or informing the reader.
- Caught up with a friend for a G & T
- Laughed out loud when I saw Ed Byrne at Curve Theatre as part of the Leicester Comedy Festival
- Tea and cake and solitude
- Stretch Class
- Good advice from a writing buddy
The week ahead is a a new adventure and I'm looking forward to all that it holds.
What are you up to?