_

Pages

Tuesday, 6 September 2016

Six Questions, Six Answers

Just for fun, six questions, and six answers.

1. What can you see out of the window? My pear tree, we inherited the tree when we moved into the house thirteen years ago, and so far it has given us fruit every year in September. The bounty varies from year to year, but there is always enough to share with the neighbours.

2. Choose five words to describe yesterday.  Writing, rain, friends, pilates, relax.

3. What was the last conversation you had? I spoke to my daughter, she's been home from University for the summer, and working every spare minute she can, so we haven't had much time to catch up, and it's almost time she went back again.

4.  What are you wearing? Yoga pants and a long sleeved Nike top.

5.   Has anyone inspired you in the last week? Anne Rainbow has, by publishing her book! The RedPen Way is on Amazon and today it's FREE to download  so go quickly, because it's a great book for writers. Showing you a simple and systematic way to edit your words.

6.  What have I been grateful for in the last week? 

Sunshine
Time spent at the swimming pool.
Music - Rediscovering Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd
Feeling better physically than I have for months.
Breathing fresh unpolluted air.
Spending time with people that make me happy.
The rain! For making it easy to pull out the weeds.
Comfy pyjamas.

It's good to be grateful, and keeps you interested in life.

Plans for the week ahead

Due to a heavy workload from my day job, early starts and changed arrangements. I'll be happy if I get to write for two hours this week. I already know it will be time snatched early in the mornings, or very late at night. Something is better than nothing though...

I'm ploughing on with the exercise, pool work, pilates and generally trying to keep fit. I've made an appointment to discuss a gym programme later in the month. Don't panic, I said I've made an appointment, not joined the triathlon team. I have somehow got to shoe horn my busy life into something more efficient and manageable.                                                                                                                                                          

Anyway, have a good week all, catch up wth you soon

8 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about how to shoe horn my life into something more efficient and manageable as well, it must be that September energy. I'm always impressed with how much you achieve, so I think you're probably already pretty efficient at time management. I started looking at a free Open University creative writing course last night, hoping for some tips and some inspiration. Pretty basic so far, but I'm hopeful I'll get some benefit from it. Have a good week Maria. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CJ, I'd love to start a course, but I just can't find anymore time as I really HAVE to finish this novel! It's driving my crazy now.
      Good luck with your plans.

      Delete
  2. It's so hard when the kids leave and you have to CALL them to talk to them. =( I say this having sent NONE of mine away except on vacation...through which I missed them desperately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystal, it's mighty strange, but you have to get on with it. I still have one that hasn't flown the nest, and he hasn't any plans of doing so anytime soon.

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely list, Maria, and I'm glad to hear you're feeling well. The pear tree sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have plenty going on as usual, Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good template Maria for starting threads or headers on flash fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I managed to actually catch up with you and not just your blog, so I'm awarding myself points!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!