_

Pages

Sunday, 1 January 2017

Happy New Year - Fresh Start


Hello friends, I wish you all a very Happy & Healthy New Year!
It's a great feeling to have a blank canvas isn't it?  Have you made plans and set some goals for yourself? Mine are simple this year, I want to be healthy and happy, and do lots of writing.  Okay, it's not quite as simple as that, because I'll have to put some real effort into all of them. It helps to know what your desired outcome is though, and that will help you to stay on track when you start to focus on the details.

 Here's My Plan

Health - All the usual things I do already, like losing weight and exercising. Although, I'll have a delayed start with exercise as I've got an ear and chest infection, and sinusitis.

Happiness - The deeper you dig into this subject, the more you realise, it isn't always what you think that makes you happy. Personally, I love to feel the wind in my hair, whilst walking through beautiful countryside, or sharing tea and gossip with friends, or curling up in a comfy chair with a good book. or writing. I like to surround myself with positive people who make me feel upbeat, and I love to motivate others and see them shine. So I'll be trying hard to do more of all of those, and I'll be finding other ways to feel happy.

Writing -  More of the same, and something new. I'll be continuing my novel, anyone who has written a novel will know how difficult rewriting is, and how long it can take. I'll be continuing to get it as good as I can make it.

My blog will update every Sunday, and hopefully, you'll find it interesting enough to stick with me. I really do value and appreciate your comments.

This year I'm going to sub at least twelve pieces of writing, which may not seem a lot to some of you, but a lot of my time is committed elsewhere.

Lastly, I'm keen to have a go at writing articles.

If you've set goals, I'd love to hear about them, and how you intend reaching them.
That's it from me for now, enjoy the first day of the new year, and I'll be back next week to let you know how I'm getting on.

32 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, Maria. I think finding happiness in the small things is the best feeling in the world. Good luck with your writing goals, you can do it! Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annalisa, I agree the small things are often the best.
      Wishing you all of the best in 2017

      Delete
  2. I actually made a list yesterday, with different headings! I want to try writing fiction this year and enter four competitions. I think the competition element will push me to get stories completed as well as I can. And I also want to press on with the non-fiction writing and try and get some more regular clients. And to be healthier, I think I say that every year, but this year will be the one... Wishing you happiness and success in 2017 Maria. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CJ, you can do it! I'll be checking up on you. :-) X
      Happy New Year X

      Delete
    2. Maria, thank you so much for your encouragement and the tips you left for me on my blog, it's hugely encouraging and very much appreciated. I'll definitely be trying what you suggest. Thanks again, CJ xx

      Delete
    3. You're welcome CJ, and I meant every word. I'm really pleased you're going to give it a go...
      Good luck - I'll come over and check next week. :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year - and get well soon Maria. My goals? Publish a novel, lose weight and buy a company. Feeling determined and focused. Good luck on hitting your targets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey stuart, those are good solid goals. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  4. Oh dear. My other half has been suffering from sinusitis. Not fun! Hope it all clears up soon. I have similar goals. I will be running again. I didn't go at all in December. I will be writing more. Today I am just concentrating on getting it all down on paper and set out a plan.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you know what you want, and that is half the battle.
      Happy New Year

      Delete
    2. Hi Maria, sorry for spamming your comments! I think I have fixed the issue you mentioned so I am just posting to see if I have :) Sorry!

      Delete
    3. Yes! It works, when I click on your name I can reach your blog now by clicking on it in your list.

      Delete
  5. Health, happiness and writing seem inextricably linked. Here's to a fabulous 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, and all the very best wishes to you too.

      Delete
  7. I love the blank canvas too, Maria, and I wish you great success with all your goals this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Maria - I do hope you can get some relief for your health ... and can settle happily in to writing and submitting those stories ... all the best for a happy 2017 - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone has told me today that Hopi ear candles might give me some relief. I don't know much about them, but I'm going to make some enquiries Hilary - Getting to the desperate stage now.
      Happy New Year to you.

      Delete
  9. Sorry your good health resolution is being delayed - get well soon. Wishing you every happiness, good health and successful writing in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bea, so good to hear from you. Thank you for your good wishes.

      Delete
  10. Good luck with all your goals, Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, Maria. Hope your health issues are resolve and you achieve all you plan to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You don't need me to wish you luck. You are one of the most positive, determined writers I know. Whatever you achieve in 2017 will reflect the hard work you always put in. Thanks for the support and motivation you have given me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wayne, you too will have great success in 2017.

      Delete
  13. Hope you achieve all your goals this year. Had a manic year last year and so this year I want to make sure that I incorporate some me time which includes writing, reading, some exercise and spending time with family and friends. Sounds simply, but like you say, takes a lot of effort to achieve. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you really want it you'll get there. Be determined. You can do it!

      Delete
  14. All good wishes for 2017. I think you have the order of your headings just right. Health, happiness, writing ..... the rest will follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and a Happy New Year to you. :-)

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!