_

Pages

Sunday, 2 April 2017

Start Fresh



What a week that was...

A bit hectic, with work and all sorts of other stuff. But I made it to Friday and have just spent a couple of days away in the caravan. Our first outing this year and I'd been looking forward to the break for weeks. We went to a small site on a working farm, where we were made to feel very welcome. In fact we spent a lot of time in the farm shop cafe eating and drinking, which hasn't done a lot for my waistline, but has made me feel happy and content.

Strange isn't it, how we know when we need a break. It was lovely to be out in the fresh air again, and not have to concern myself about looking at the clock, and even better not to have to think about, or cook what we were going to have for tea. I've come home recharged!

There is much to do, and some tight deadlines are looming but I'm going to try my hardest to do what I can in the time I have this week. It won't be oodles, but I'm planning to write a 1000 words story, a 150 word flash piece and do some other writing related stuff as well as another blog post.

I will of course still have to go to my day job, and do other necessary stuff too, lets see how I get on. I'll also have to work off all the homemade meals I ate over the weekend.

I feel that Spring has sprung! And plan to do lots of things.

Do share what you've been up to?

8 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a spring break, especially in the gorgeous weather we've been having recently. I'm sure your writing will have a new lease of life after all that fresh air, coffee and cake 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, I think you might be right...

      Delete
  2. Hi Maria - so pleased you had a happy time away - and yes not worrying about food etc makes a difference doesn't it. Spring is really here - no doubt a few cold times ahead .. but much more light - enjoy the week and just do what you can do ... take care ... as you'll see I'm into A-Zing ... cheers for now - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my way over to read some of your A-Z posts.

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear you are feeling a bit refreshed. Yes, it is funny how we know we need a break. I know I do!

    I love how spring reinvigorates. I always feel like Spring is the new year. I am always full of optimism the moment the flowers bloom and the birds sing.

    I have started Slimming World, so no chance of cake for me whilst I get in the hang of it. I am determined to be a size 12 again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a perfect weekend. The weather has been amazing hasn't it. Glad you had such a good time, and good luck with your writing this week. I am trying to implement the 'little and often' idea you suggested, fingers crossed it will be a habit that sticks! Have a good week Maria. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. While everyone I know seems to be jetting off to Argentina or Kuala Lumpur or Arizona, I'm looking forward to a weekend in North Wales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely break. I'm really enjoying the lighter evenings - they always make me feel like I can do so much more.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!