_

Pages

Sunday, 11 June 2017

Recharge and Reboot

Be Happy! 

Are you ready for some sunshine? I'm not talking about the weather, I mean a break from your usual routine. It's good for your mind, body and soul, and you'll feel recharged afterwards, and ready to get on and be creative.

Here's my top tips to get you started.
  • Go for a walk - we all need disconnected time, so get away from your screen, turn off your phone and get yourself out for a brisk walk. Take some deep breaths, and look around at what's happening in your neighbourhood. 
  •  Try a technology fast - This may be hard to do, but it's worth it. Pick a weekend day and switch all your gadgets off. This might feel a little weird, but you'll adjust quickly. In the past people could 'switch off' after work, but nowadays, people work from home and it's much harder to get a work/life balance.  
  • Be a day tripper, go to your nearest railway station and ask the staff where you can go for the day. Buy a ticket and explore a new city, town or stroll along a promenade. 
  • Re-invent yourself - Book an appointment with the hairdresser, change your style, your colour or both! Afterwards find a personal shopper. Next and Debenhams both have a great service. Tell them you want a few mix and match outfits and let them help you discover the new you. 
  • Go to the cinema. Watch a movie, buy popcorn and relax. 
  • Grab your camera and see the world through a lens. Take an hour out at the local market, or the park and take lots of pictures. Be creative, go home and make a collage of your images. You'll be amazed and surprised. 
  • Bake a cake, call up some friends and invite them round for tea!

I hope you'll try some of the above when you're feeling a little jaded.

How do you recharge? 

16 comments:

  1. Some great ideas, especially the photography one - I always love to wander and take photos. Being a day tripper somewhere new is always really inspirational too. A walk in the country never fails lift my mood. We're stuck inside a bit at the moment with a new puppy and I'm missing the freedom! Exercise and the beauty of the countryside is so refreshing. I'm hoping once the puppy is operational we'll be out more. Hope you have a good Sunday Maria. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CJ, I've seen the pictures of him on your blog, he's gorgeous! Lots of fun happy days ahead I think...

      Delete
  2. Hi Maria - I usually walk every day ... my phone doesn't travel with me - thankfully I get a chance to do most of the things you suggest ... just keeping 'fresh' in the mind and body helps ... must get the body back into some form of shape ... take care and enjoy the summer while it's here ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, I know exactly what you mean, I've cut my portions but alas it's not really helping so I think I need to walk more often.

      Delete
  3. I th No these all sound great ideas, Maria. I managed number one and tried number two and failed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a difficult one but if you can do it at least once a week it does benefit you no end. It makes me remember that there is a life outside of my phone! :-)

      Delete
  4. Well said. I have a wish list of visits to undertake both near and far and most take little time, effort or money. I hope that new challenges keep me young at heart. Also there are few days in the year when you can't take a drink and sit in the garden for ten minutes,even if you have to wear a coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree re the drink thing, in fact I am going to do it in half an hour.
      I have a list of 50 things to do in 2017, and they range from, trip to the cinema to going to Italy, to having tea and cake with a friend.
      We just have to press the pause button more often.

      Delete
  5. Loved reading this. I always want to get out more maybe I need to start walking alone. I do yoga to chill or read a good book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got out of the habit of walking alone, and I really miss it.

      Delete
  6. I love this time of year which means I can get back out into my garden. Yesterday I planted a tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the garden centre last week and got myself a lovely fuchsia, and now I want to do more in the garden to make it look nice.

      Delete
  7. My daughter and I are going to recharge tomorrow! It's my birthday and as I never work on my birthday, I've taken the day off and we're headed to St. Joseph, Missouri, (two hours away) to do some antiquing and go to some museums. It will be so, so wonderful to get out of town for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday Melissa, have a wonderful day with your daughter.

      Delete
  8. Jaded doesn't begin to cover how I'm feeling right now! I'm off to the coast this weekend to see if I can blow away some cobwebs and perhaps make some decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will do you the world of good to get away. Relax and the answers will come to you.

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!