_

Pages

Sunday, 9 July 2017

Podcasts - A different Kind of Entertainment



I love listening to podcasts, those digital audio files you can download onto your phone, tablet, or computer are so convenient, and in most cases they're free too. In no particular order, here is a list of the podcasts I listen to regularly.

Writing Excuses  - A weekly fast paced 15 minute podcast which has been going since 2008, it's aim to make listeners better writers.

The Joined Up Writing Podcast Ran by writers for writers, with a variety of guests offering hints, tips and inspiration.

The Creative Penn Podcast   - I love Joanna Penn's positiveness, it's infectious. Her podcasts cover interviews, inspiration on writing by the bucket load. Joanna updates her podcast weekly.

The Worried Writer  A podcast for the timid, Sarah Painter interviews a different writer every month, and speaks frankly about emotions during the writing process.

Podcasts are great because you can learn new things, and they are also easy to listen to whilst you are doing something else.

Please share any podcasts you listen to, and tell us why you like them.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm familiar with Joanna Penn, and I love that she's English, but the others are new to me so I'll go and have a listen. I don't often listen to podcasts but they can be very inspirational so maybe I should try them more often. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not really listened to many podcasts. I don't have a smartphone, but I've downloaded the odd play to my PC to listen to while I file or sharpen pencils or otherwise procrastinate. I'm quite partial to catching up on Melvyn Bragg's In Our Time, because you never know what you're gong to get. The ones you've recommended look good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria,

    Indeed, there's a totally different aspect to broadcasting via podcasts. I haven't listened to a podcast in a long time but I'll check out your links. Don't know if you're aware of a show that used to broadcast on BBC radio 5 Live named, "Pods and Blogs." I was interviewed on that show in regards to my blog which was part of a mental health collaboration named, "Mindbloggling."

    Thank you for your post and have a nice weekend, Maria.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Gary, not familiar with the show, but will seek it out.

      Delete
  4. I don't listen to podcasts, unless I'm listening to whatever Hubby has on in the car - I always fear running out of battery in the middle of somewhere remote. Which is odd, because as a non-driver, I'm NEVER anywhere remote without company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A car mobile phone charger will sort that one out Annalisa...

      Delete
  5. Thanks for those podcast suggestions Maria. I now need to schedule in some time to listen to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the hardest bit, scheduling time...

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment, and I try to reply to every one. Many thanks!