Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay
2021 is a very much longed for year so let's get it underway.
Firstly, may I wish you all good health and happiness, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
What's in store for us, no one can say, but as long as we keep leaning forward we'll be going in the right direction.
Make this the year to:
1. Be kind - Kindness improves our quality of life. It brings people together and it will make you feel part of something good. Kindness can change the world.
2. Stop being busy being busy - S-L-O-W your life down. We're not on this earth to be busy, we're here to build relationships, go places, be creative, help others. It's up to you to decide how you should be spending your time but being busy being busy isn't the way.
3. Ask yourself every night: 'What 3 good things happened to me today?' - Be grateful and keep a gratitude journal. It'll feel weird at first but the more you do it the more this world will look better and brighter. Get others onboard, make time around the dinner table with your children to share what each of you is grateful for at the end of each day. Give it a few weeks and see the difference.
4. Make time for your friends and family - Spending time with people close to us makes us feel happy. Social time is especially important. So go on and make that call to Granny, do that date night, make your other half a special meal. Spend quality time with your children, go kick a ball round the park, or make a cake together. Make memories.
5. Drink more water - It helps to maintain the balance of your body fluids. Flushing toxins away from your kidneys, it also increases your energy and relieves fatigue. You'll be more alert and you'll think clearer.
6. Go for walks - Apart from boosting your mood, helping with weight loss and strengthening your heart, walking can ease joint pain and lower your blood sugar. You'll also see things you've never seen before, do the same walk through the changing season and you'll see the difference.
7. Think positively - Get an optimistic outlook on things and you'll stress less. It will have a big impact on your physical and mental health too. Positivity is infectious so you'll be helping other people too.
8. Eat fewer calories - Rustle up some healthy new meals and drop some excess weight. We all know the health benefits of being a healthy weight, and who knows you could be rediscovering clothes at the back of the wardrobe before too long.
9. Read more books - Or start listening to audio books. Escape to places you've never been to before. Be someone else. Walk in their shoes. Learn about history or how something works.
10. Work on your dreams - Set time aside every day to learn how to play that instrument, make that business plan or sell those clothes online. Remember you only get out what you put in, and this time next year who knows where you'll be if you put the time in now.
2021 is here now, so grab it with both hands and take control.
What are you going to learn or do in 2021?